RBI Solar Value Chain
The phrase “Begin with the End in Mind” is a phrase in which we can all subscribe. In an effort to share our knowledge and experiences in Designing, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Installation of solar projects, we have developed a series of cases studies that relate to and take into account the unique attributes of the above.
Read the rest of this entry »
Advice From Solar Racking Manufacturers
Make sure your racking system for large-scale installations is the full package.
A good solar racking system for large-scale installations should have the following features:
- Fewer Posts – Reduced number of posts leads to faster installation.
- Self-grounded Utility – scale racking should be ETL classified to UL 2703.
- Built-in Wire Management – This reduces the cost of wire management devices.
- Pre-assembled – Fast on-site installation happens with pre-assembled components.
- String Sizes – A good racking system should accommodate various string sizes.
- Individual Design – Projects should be individually designed to meet local building code requirements.
- Foundation Options – Different foundation options should be available to install the racking.
- Total Cost – Racking cost should include all components including cost of design/complete engineering, posts, racks, mounting hardware, freight to the job site and installation of posts/racks.
- Options – Often installation options offered by the racking manufacturer are economical, as they have highly skilled construction crews that install nothing but solar racking.